My last prenatal appointment was my least favorite so far. First, I got on the scale and, to my horror, I had managed to gain 12 lbs in four weeks! It really perplexed me since I've been trying a lot harder to eat healthy and I've been exercising much more often. Since I hadn't gained any weight until this appointment, I'm still okay. It was more of a self-esteem crusher. After finding out my weight, I learned that I would be doing my one-hour glucose test that morning. Suprise!!! Apparently, the hospital automatically schedules is during your first appointment after you hit the 24 week mark. It would have been very nice to get a little bit of notice, especially since it caused me to get to work much later than I had planned. Finally, my due date has been pushed back six days. Instead of May 7, I'm now due on May 13. There was a miscommunication about my first ultrasound, and that is what they are using to date my pregnancy. I know she'll come when she pleases, but now I will have to work until May 13 (instead of May 6, like I had originally planned). I also won't get induced before May 27, unless there is a medical reason to do so.
I am slowly getting used to my *new* due date. I will be 26 weeks tomorrow, and the third trimester is right around the corner! Lately, I've been feeling very pregnant. My belly has really popped out! Household tasks like cleaning the shower are a lot more difficult than they were a few weeks ago. Baby girl is doing well. I absolutely love feeling her move and kick! Most of the time when Chen puts his hand on my belly, she will immediately stop kicking. She also likes to sleep in the same position every night. After her evening/nighttime gymnastics session, she curls up right under my belly button with her butt up until after I wake up. The movement is without a doubt my favorite part of pregnancy. We are doing a 3D/4D ultrasound session on March 12, and we cannot wait to see her again!
Here are a few belly shots of my huge 25 week belly!




You look phenomenal! You're my crystal ball :o) I get a glimpse of what the near future holds for me - haha!
ReplyDeletein the olden days they didn't seem to care when you went over your due date and I went way over...........11, 12, 14 days and then weeks. But I so desperately wanted to believe in my due date. You're right, baby will come when she comes and nothing seems to speed it up, not walking, not spicy meals and not even having the house all cleaned and laundry caught up. Go figure.
ReplyDelete